Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Another opinion - Lifelong MT

Posted: Jul 31st, 2017 - 9:37 pm In Reply to: Although I cannot answer your question specifically, - I can tell you my opinion

Everyone needs to do what is right for them. I don't know anything about Canscribe but you have probably heard of Andrews which has a great reputation and they still teach transcription, I wouldn't call them greedy pigs. If you're looking to work part-time to supplement household income (it sounds as if you've done it in the past because you are asking about a refresher course) maybe it's worthwhile, maybe you have a job in a doctor's office where you are being asked to transcribe, you didn't say and people are jumping to conclusions. I've worked as a transcriptionist for 40 years and I considered it to have been a career. I work on site, having moved from a production transcription role to a QA position and I have never been treated horribly and I am not underpaid. My facility has brought some work back on site because of the recent problems with Nuance and we are currently hiring. I guess it would depend on your objectives and years you have left until retirement whether or not it would be worth your while, I don't think I'd look beyond the 5-year mark unless things change drastically, only you can make the determination.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)