Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Nuance debacle - Ex-Nuancer

Posted: Jul 28th, 2017 - 11:11 pm

I used to work for Nuance for almost 4 years and am sooo happy I left.  Nuance really deccimated the whole MT field.  Besides the Nuance employees not getting paid what was promised, etc., the employees at the numerous other companies that used EditScript have also been shafted.  We got paid zilch for the downtime as this was a "Nuance" blunder.  I read on here about a lot of clients moving their businesses to other MT companies, but that work seems to be fleeting only.  Also, we never got the "backlog" that was anticipated.  In addition to not getting paid anything when ES was down (at least Nuance employees got paid hourly - even tho not getting paid correctly), there is no work available even now.  It seems like most companies now want IC, and I refuse to do IC from a really bad past experience (all money made for 6 months as working as IC had to be paid back to the government because of the taxes, penalties, etc.)  I might as well have been working for free.  Kudos to those that do IC.  have no idea how you are even making it financially with the same line pay I am getting as an employee and paying those taxes.  I loved doing MT work, but this whole experience (caused by Nuance in the first place) has left me with nothing but disdain for this profession.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)