Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

:) Seriously, new technology is creating a lot - of new skilled jobs that

Posted: Jul 23rd, 2017 - 7:54 pm In Reply to: I gave up teaching for this! - why?

people are not trained for because they didn't exist before. Of course, some of them may end up short-lived as "Watsons" take over, so flexibility and a launch to other work need to be considered, but that's the case for so many jobs.

In any case, I thought about this a long time ago, before I was quite so old, and in your position and wanting a job that paid something like a middle-class wage, I'd start researching and find out what are and will be developing in my region, or near the nearest big city, including those being developed right now.

I'd hope to get a job, at any level, in a facility in that or a related industry while I trained, ideally in a company where I could just move over and up. Some skills may only be learned at the end facility because colleges aren't set up to train them, but people need to be in position to justify investing in them. Many never-before jobs will be in medical-related fields, of course, perhaps helping with the transition period, but probably many more not.

Good luck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)