Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Warning regarding TST - Flora

Posted: Jul 23rd, 2017 - 5:39 pm

I'd never heard of this company but was hired recently. Owner is one of those who talks non-stop, repeating the same things, over and over, just to keep her lips flapping and not allow a word in edgewise. Supervisor very busy without enough time to train. Both have altered view on responsibility of an employee. Company is on the east coast.

After installing all software, the IE version didn't open new tabs. For this reason, owner insisted on sending me new computer and starting from scratch. Also included new keyboard (I don't use that type) and mouse (I don't use mouse, only trackball) and various other wastes of money due to her inability to listen. She was to install software but didn't. I installed on new PC, but same problem with IE. A week goes by and supervisor too busy to train. On Friday she says since she didn't have time "maybe I will have time Saturday - I'll contact you".  Saturday, although I had a ton of things to do, I waited all day until 5PM before I gave up and ran errands. She had been told to use messenger to contact me.  I get home and find nasty email about not being able to contact me Friday night! Monday morning I get an email stating that my work hours start at 7AM, but they couldn't contact me then. That's because I was asleep because I was not being paid to sit there all day waiting to see if anyone could train me AND the supervisor said she would not have time to train until Friday! Mid-week they let me know there are jobs in the cue, but still have not trained me. Still, I'm happy to do them per specs alone, but I was in the middle of something else, had no warning they were going to have me start several days earlier than scheduled, and by the time I signed on (about 15-20 minutes passed) the work was gone.  Nasty comments about how it took me so long to sign on. 

Later owner calls me to train, wants access to my PC. She is very aggitated and growing more and more angry as her PW isn't working, etc.  I ask her if IE uses some other way of opening a new tab she says "No! You should know this!  How much experience have you had with computers?" and with each question she fails to wait for an answer which is that I am computer literate, having used them 30 years, that this is the second installation of IE on two different PCs, using two different O/S and on both, it will not open a new tab.  She then fired me for not knowing elementary things about computers and for it taking so long for me to be trained, which I had absolutely no control over! She needs to talk to the supervisor if that's her complaint! 

So, this is a company, that brags:  "We are for the MT because I did that for so long and I understand how hard it is on MTs today, blah blah..." hires employee-status and insists that you sit at the desk for the regular schedule every single day, without pay, waiting to see if someone will train you and they never do.

On top of that, I had to return her useless equipment where they quoted me $86.00 to ship back. This was after I spent $26.00 on a splitter for the monitor to use 2 computers with one monitor. That really ads up for someone who can't even afford groceries and is about to lose her home!  I told her when she wanted the PC shipped back immediately that was not going to happen as I had 3.41 in my account until I got my next check. She seemed shocked that I would have so little. 

I'm sure most of you understand how difficult it is to be out over $100.00 for no reason for a job that never even started.  It was suggested I not return the equipment until she paid for it, but right after firing me, she offered me another position on an account she expected to get the following Monday, which I think she stated just to get her equipment back as nothing ever came of it and not even the courtesy of a phone call!

So, beware. This experience with the owner reminded me of dealings with bi-polar individuals.  Not saying she is, just the same type of problems with communication, depressed & manic phases. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)