Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Not Decent Pay - Jellybean

Posted: Jul 23rd, 2017 - 4:55 pm In Reply to: 45 cents per audio minute not decent pay - Flora

The company I'm referring to isn't medical transcription but general transcription, and I agree that any kind of transcription isn't just typing. You have to look things up and verify names and other things, so you can't just type continuously zipping through.

I don't really understand your method of calculation, but my method of calculation (given that pay is $0.45 per audio minute) is simply multiplying 1 minute x 4. That is, I estimate it should take on average 4 minutes to complete a 1-minute audio. Thus, one would complete about 15 minutes audio an hour. 15 x $0.45 an hour = about $7 an hour. No way is that decent pay unless it's 1980 or one lives in India. And even if one were fast, say, completed 20 minutes of audio per hour, that would still only be $9 an hour. Ridiculous. Decent pay for a 13-year-old who wants to supplement their allowance perhaps.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)