Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Left Teaching also - MT1347

Posted: Jul 23rd, 2017 - 2:45 am In Reply to: I gave up teaching for this! - why?

I also left teaching to do MT, back in the 1990s when we were allowed to work from home. But at that time, I was actually making more money and getting better benefits with the MTjob. For several years, everything was wonderful. Then the corporate world discovered MT and started buying and merging the MTSOs and convincing hospitals and clinics to outsource to them. It has devolved into what we have today - this is not the MT world that I left teaching for. But then, nothing is like it used to be. I'm too old to go back to teaching now. I was doing some subbing but one day I realized I didn't want to be there and I always promised myself when that day came, I would quit - the kids deserve someone who is not there just for the money.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)