Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 52)

You could just chalk it up as a life lesson--sm - anon

Posted: Jul 21st, 2017 - 7:27 pm In Reply to: should never have studied to be MT - frustrated

The years of having great flexibility are long, long gone. It is definitely a J-O-B and like most jobs, you either have to bring an exemplary set of skills to make it worthwhile for them to pay you well and give you flexibility or you have to take what is out there and make the most of it. I work a split shift with part of 2nd shift. For those who are willing, you can make it work. I drop my kids off at school, work for 4 hours, pick them up from school, cook their dinner and then work from 6 to 10. I am still here to kiss them goodnight and remind them of what needs to be done. I have also worked my hours and days to where I work 30 hours a week and have 3 days off a week. That also lets me see them more. So, there are things you can do but only you know what you are willing to do. I will say though, that I only supplement my husband's income and do not need to support my family financially on my own. If that is what your situation is, consider the cost of the education and the time your stupid tax and move on quickly to something else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)