Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

QA Editors - Former QA Editor for OptiScript

Posted: Jul 18th, 2017 - 8:58 pm In Reply to: I absolutely DO NOT UNDERSTAND how QA people can - hear any better than we can SM

I can only speak for myself, but I'll try to explain why I was a good QA editor. After 9 years of transcribing hospital dictation, my ears and brain were fine tuned to weed out the blanks and errors on which other MTs had done their best. I gained a position helping supervise and QA edit for a team of absolutely the best MTs ever, every single one. You know how your ears just go numb and worn out after an 8-hour day (especially of crappy quality dictation)? My only focus was ferreting out those blanks, etc. I absolutely loved it and wish I was still doing it. I fancied myself as some sort of forensic MT editor like a bloodhound on a scent. I will tell you this: I never, ever, never ever ever guessed. It was ingrained in my soul to never cut corners or be dishonest in any manner. If there was a blank I could not figure out, I'd flag it for one of the other two supervisors, and they would give it a try as well. I hope this helps. I know it can be very, very frustrating. Over the decades, sound quality has gone to crap.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)