Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

That was our only raise in years - Angie

Posted: Jul 17th, 2017 - 12:51 pm In Reply to: But what about word expanders and templates? - pmt

Back when expanders first came out they were DOS based and didn't do anything fancy. I remember using 4,000 short forms in PRD and it gave me about a 15-20% increase in productivity. Subtract the cost of the program, creating thousands of short forms and maintaining glossaries and that percent savings would have been what we should have seen in annual cost-of-living wage increases. I recall I was at 10 CPL at the time and it had been at that rate for probably decades. So that was our raise.

If we had reduced our rates because we had productivity-increasing software, then we could justify part of our recent wage reductions on no longer having to pick up and deliver.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)