Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Soft Script.. (Views: 61)

This is a state's rights issue. The state of CA has so - sm

Posted: Jul 16th, 2017 - 1:46 pm In Reply to: We need an MT Compensation Council and I'm prepared to initiate that - if there is sufficient interest.

so many worker protections that it is likely national companies wills top hiring here. That being said, I have considered taking this very issue to our Dept of Industrial Relations. Just 2 years ago, the state of CA required all trucking companies with drivers here must pay their drivers for fueling up and routine maintenance that goes along with their jobs. They must be paid an hourly wage for that time. Even out-of-state trucking companies have to comply while they are here. Not doing so is called wage theft. That is the legal term used here. What you have described above is precisely what I have been thinking of bringing to the attention of the Dept of Industrial Relation because it so closely mirrors the downtime of those truckers. And the truckers one. They knew where, of all the states to go to, where this would get traction. Its California people. Bring it up here, make it law here and the rest of the country follows. They have to. We're too big to ignore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)