Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Sorry. You've heard of Watson? Today's point-and-click - is going to be a relatively primitive

Posted: Jul 7th, 2017 - 4:59 am In Reply to: A couple of glimmers of hope that things may - be changing! sm

transition to something that works better. Already, in other fields, computers are starting to not just gather data but write reports about it.

Computers will analyze and challenge the quality and content of what doctors enter at a far higher level than the typical MT is capable of, the clinicians' own level and above.

Back at the turn of the century I knew speech rec was here to stay, and now it's equally obvious that the next wave of technological advance will effectively wipe us out.

I like the reality behind the saying of us being the cheapest malpractice insurance, but we are in fact extremely expensive and we do also insert mistakes into reports, a form of expense.

I was hoping there'd still be a smaller volume of clean-up work for some of the skilled older workers who'd prefer to just keep working at this, a mini-industry, but that's not going to be the case in any real numbers.

I'm afraid my back-up of doing other editing to bring in spending money in retirement will also not be available. Comma- and semicolon-challenged sorts who are still constructing their own documents will have their computers clean them up the way we use spellcheck now, but able to skip the item-by-item approval when desired.

That's the future, and it's happening fast.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)