Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 58)

These urgent backlog jobs - what a hassle - MT1347

Posted: Jul 4th, 2017 - 2:44 am

The other day I posted to some MT who said she thought it was a bad idea to work these temporary backlog jobs.  I commented that I had applied because I missed a week's work and needed the money.  Turns out she was prophetic, knew what she was talking about.  Luckily, my MTSO was back up by Sun. evening and I was able to get back to work, not full speed yet, but we're getting there.  Both backlog jobs were a bust - I could write a pamphlet on things were screwed up.  It was really annoying to the max.  One place asked if their IT person could check my PC for viruses, etc - I said yes.  He had control of it for 3 hours and then uninstalled my security program and put Kaspersky on it. I never gave them permission to uninstall anything or to install  - they were supposed to be inspecting. Then they called and wanted to know why I wasn't in their training session - they never sent me a link  - and then wanted me to spend 3 hours on my cell phone (180 minutes) in their meeting.  None of this time was paid.  I said no.  She said you can get skype or Google Phone and call in for free - I said Yes but I won't.  If you want me in a meeting online for 3 hours you need to provide audio with the meeting.  They were already not paying not me for my time.  Incredible arrogance and incompetence from both MTSOs.  As if they were doing me a favor.  Then I had to spend about 45 mins. getting rid of the Kaspersky - they hide their removal tool on their website - your have to ferret it out.  Then I had to reinstall my security program.  

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)