Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

A to Z - rose is rose

Posted: Jun 27th, 2017 - 9:25 pm In Reply to: A to Z medical transcription course - Lucy

Wow! What a flash-back. In 1993, after I figured out I didn't have the dexterity or the attention span to continue with court reporting, I saw Ms. Burn's ad in the Phoenix paper in the help wanted section. My dad suggested I buy the MT course she was offering. I did. We'd done medical terminology and business English for a semester in the court reporting curricula, so that's all I had as a background. Deborah's MT course was pretty good--there were a few errors and misspellings but on the whole, it was enough to get me my first MT job at Valley Lutheran's ER. I'm sure most of the rough spots have been smoothed out now, some 24 years later, and the course was not even close to costing as much as the private schools (i.e., Career Steps). I've gotta tell you, and other posts on this board will back me up--the MT world is nothing like it was then. I'm not making half of what I started out at those many years ago, and I've never left the MT profession.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)