Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Mmodal flushing money down the toilet - as business policy

Posted: Jun 24th, 2017 - 1:02 pm

OK, this is just a vent but they're costing ME money too so it's ticking me off !!!  If they want to throw their money away, fine, but I am working to pay the bills and their poorly thought out policies are affecting me.

They pay for costly Fluency updates that don't work and/or aren't helpful in increasing our productivity and actually end up slowing us down in many cases (slower download times, DocuChek, which is mostly unnecessary for a half-way decent MT and definitely not worth the slower upload time, etc etc etc).  That's one thing.  Not saying all upgrades are bad, but please!  Some are unnecessary and a lot are just plain unhelpful.

But then they put us on too many accounts!!  So we are way less productive than we would be otherwise!  Which is flushing money down the toilet.  You pay for more MTs to do the same amount of work because we can't go as fast as we could otherwise.

And if they DO put us a major account or two, they refuse to allow the backlog to build to a decent level.  As soon as it does they ask for people who need extra hours (no OT of course) to hop on, and then they don't put any limit on it!  So we begin to get overflow accounts that slow us way down, like yesterday when once again I went from 330-350 lph at the start of the day down to 180-200, and barely made line count.

Yes, if we're lucky we still MEET the minimum LPH requirement, but we could be going so much faster!!!!  So don't they have to hire MORE of us to do the same amount of work because we can't work at our fastest pace??

Where is the logic?!

/vent over

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)