Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 32)

A few ideas. - Still looking for a solution. sm

Posted: Jun 23rd, 2017 - 11:11 am In Reply to: Does anyone use a standing desk? - sm

Like you, I do not want to invest yet, so as a trial run, I stacked a combination of boxes and books on the desk for the monitor/laptop and the keyboard (I do not use the laptop keyboard). I used a piece of non-slip shelf liner to hold the keyboard box static. (Also, search for DIY PVC standup desk ideas.) Did find a comfortable level for these; however, the foot pedal was the problem. One possible solution is to use keyboard commands (if available with your software) to control the pedal commands. This did not work out for me. I'm also considering attaching the foot pedal upside down under the desk, at a comfortable level for my short legs, and using my knee to work the pedal. Sounds funny, yes, but centralizing pedal would allow switching legs and result in a kind of a marching motion. That's the theory anyway. One of these days I will give it a try. Please let us know if you find a solution that works for you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)