Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

AHDI - membership is important

Posted: Jun 23rd, 2017 - 8:48 am In Reply to: Dislikes for AHDI - Another opinion

Jobs are listed on the AHDI site. AHIMA and AHDI are close allies. They held a joint national meeting several years ago which I attended a number of the AHIMA sessions as they were relevant to my MT work in my home. There are local chapters in my region. More than a few states in my region joined together for administrative purposes because there are fewer volunteers to do the work. We network via email, GoToMeeting, telephone conference, chapter meetings, regional and national meetings. If any more bothered to come out and be minimally involved with others similarly situated they could learn about more job opportunities and continuous education to make themselves more marketable. AHDI is a nonprofit. I am certainly helped by it. I got my job through people I know through AHDI. Hiring personnel contact AHDI members to find CMTs/CHDSs/those dedicated to maintaining a high level of continuous education. The leadership board tries to work with companies. All they can do is make suggestions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)