Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Kerplunk.. it's over. sm.. (Views: 38)

Dislikes for AHDI - Another opinion

Posted: Jun 22nd, 2017 - 7:15 am In Reply to: Nobody with any sense wants to get screwed again - by AAMT/AHDI like they did before SM

I have visited the AHDI website from time to time, nobody posts job openings on that site. AHIMA has never been involved in transcription and never will be. I would like to ask those who posted where all this organizational networking is located. Back in the day I was very active in AAMT (now AHDI) when we truly had networking with local chapters, monthly seminars, newsletters and interaction with each other in the workplace. In my part of the country, there have been no local component organizations for at least 15 years and the regional organization represents several states, there is nowhere to go for networking. This sounds negative but the job opportunities for MTs have dried up and my opinion is that AHDI doesn't do much to help anyone but themselves. The best places to look for part-time MT jobs are Indeed, Monster and local advertising. I guess I'm wrong but I thought there were more part-time that full-time jobs. Locally, if facilities hire MTs at all, it is per diem or part-time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)