Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Totally different - I do both every day

Posted: Jun 21st, 2017 - 3:41 am In Reply to: It bored me so badly that each day was a struggle - to stay awake during my shift. (sm)

For a while I thought SR was sparing my hands, then I started getting tendinitis nodes in my fingers and trigger fingers from riding the same dam keys all the time. (Prior to SR and "editing," 20 years of keyboard and no carpal tunnel, no nothing). Now I have three jobs, and when I get to the one after midnight -- when you'd think I'd be totally burned out after falling asleep for 12 solid hours doing SR -- It is straight transcription and the best part of my day. I fly and get in a groove in a way I'd forgotten was possible. Do be careful about tapping the arrows or whatever all day. Vary which fingers you use. Tendinitis nodes will resorb over time if you change your habits (6 months to a year), and my experience with triggering is that if I massage and stretch bravely, eventually there will be a pop and a little pain, and all will be well (which actually happened today, 2nd time).

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)