Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

It already does this - Read the fine print

Posted: Jun 17th, 2017 - 11:36 am In Reply to: This is why I would never waste my time or money learning coding - Old MT

This is nothing new, but coders/billers still have to review the reports and verify accuracy. It is glitchy at best and cannot replace a coder reviewing documents hands on. Electronic code assignment based on "relevant terms" in a medical document creates a huge margin of error and sets facilities up for audits and billing fraud, not to mention denial of payment from insurance companies. You have no idea how strict the Medicare/Medicaid requirements can be. I assume this was copied and pasted from some offshore entity. It might work in an office specialty setting where they bill the same diagnoses over and over, but never in a hospital. The last sentence says it all, it is a tool in providing audit documentation, nowhere does it say that it is meant to replace coders, who by the way have used CAC as a tool for years. What makes you the expert on this and why do you seem so happy to see the demise of coding, so that you can say "I told you so"? You have apparently never done coding so may not have all the information you need.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)