Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

business references - thinking cap

Posted: Jun 15th, 2017 - 11:15 am In Reply to: Most employers only want business references and emphatically - sm

this lady is looking for employment outside MT, so professional references are pretty meaningless. furthermore, it is my experience that a good reference is a good reference, and personally I have used both when job hunting and that mix has always worked out well for me. so my advice still stands, this individual is looking for another job, and wishes not to use her present employer which is understandable. therefore, I still recommend that she ask some friends and old colleagues who know her well and can vouch for her honesty, character, and stability. at the interview, she can explain her situation, that she has been working for the same employer for many years, that she wants to make a complete career change, but she would prefer not to tell her present employer until she has found another job. she also needs to stress at the interview, that she intends to give her present employer 2-4 wks notice so that her future employer understands that she is professional and responsible. YOU are making this far more complicated and discouraging for the OP than it needs to be. So, dear OP, just put together a good resume, ask friends and old colleagues to provide you with references (you will not need more than 4 at the very most) and put an attractive resume together. I wish you the very very best of luck, you still have a lot of good years left in you, the job market is pretty good right now, and I am sure you will fare well. take heart, have hope, things will be okay. PS: My apologies, my keyboard is dying, I am having trouble with the cap key and the apostrophe key does not work at all anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)