Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

legal transcriptionist - seriously?

Posted: May 26th, 2017 - 10:30 pm

Would you just look at how desperate we all are, jumping for joy at the chance to transition from medical transcription to legal transcription, all for 1 or 2 cents more per line.  I worked legal over 30 years ago, earning $550 weekly.  Attorneys bill by the hour and should pay by the hour.  They want us on production?  Shame on them. 

We will go from the frying pan to the fire as companies everywhere continue to take advantage of us.  Do you think that American law firms are running to send their legal dictation offshore? Oh yeah, no liability there, right?

From my years at a plaintiff PI law firm, I can tell you that you haven't lived until you're trying to decipher the cocaine-ravaged dictation of a trial attorney who is screaming out jury instructions at 4 a.m. because he/she is due in court for opening statements in a few hours.  Good times.  No stress there, right?

And what exactly is an "overflow project?"  Likely a stat 200-page appeal that is due  immediately after you acquire the medical account of your dreams, and now have to be in two places at once.

If you apply to the legal ad, please consider stating a proper hourly rate for your services as an IC.  Just saying.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)