Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Rose - Not for me

Posted: May 26th, 2017 - 8:28 am In Reply to: jump from mt to coding - rose is rose

The only similarities between coding and transcription might be your knowledge of terminology, attention to detail and ability to sit for long periods of time, MT experience counts for nothing to coding managers except for intelligence. I've done both and personally found coding to be boring, but not everyone feels that way. You need to know a ton of rules and regulations and you need to understand revenue cycle and reimbursement well, it just wasn't my thing. In coding I don't really know if it is ageism per se but after you pass your certification exams, there is still the matter of finding a job and almost everyone wants work experience unless you can find someone to take you under their wing and become your mentor. It could take a while to get proficient and employers do need to consider how much time they are willing to invest in someone who may be looking to retire in a few years. It's also difficult to get hired to work at home as a new coder, so if you considered it at all there are a lot of variables. If you have training funds available to you, maybe there are other careers you could pursue. If boredom is a consideration, I definitely would not become a coder. As an aside, everyone gets bored at work now and then.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)