Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Herd Mentality - nn

Posted: May 26th, 2017 - 8:11 am

I have noticed on this board and other places that if someone mentions that "xxx company is a great place to work," then there seems to be a major migration of people toward that company. I am working right now as an IC for five companies with straight typing for all five jobs. Two of them advertised here. With one position, I was hired without having to test, unfortunately late last year, the work started to dwindle. A company that I had worked for previously, briefly had an ad on here, so I emailed my prior supervisor, and was hired back immediately. That particular company basically has short, "progress note" type reports, and I have to type upwards of 30-40 reports per day to get any kind of decent line counts.

Through "word of mouth/networking" in a Facebook MT group, I have joined one company doing psych work, one company doing ER work and p.r.n. type work doing IMEs.

It's not only here, but on FB as well. ANY time someone mentions they are "happy," the first two questions are, "What company is it? and Are they hiring? All of the companies that I work for are small, and I do not want them flooded with resumes when they may NOT be hiring. I know three companies I possibly work for are not hiring right now. Secondly, I have made it a rule to not refer people to companies when I have NO clue as to what their skill set is. The ONLY time that I may suggest a company is if I know a former co-worker may be looking.

There ARE other alternatives to looking for jobs nowadays, but YOU have to take the initiative and think of the other possibilities for trying to find employment. I worked outside the home for MANY years with two small children and did not become an at-home MT until my children were school age.

You should realize nowadays that companies are going to be FLOODED with resumes from people, and companies DO tend to over hire because of the fact that they are not not sure who will work out and who won't.

If you are young enough, then try to get into a different field of work altogether.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)