Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Soft Script.. (Views: 41)

Non-MT Jobs - More thoughts

Posted: May 26th, 2017 - 7:50 am In Reply to: Non-MT job suggestions - Peaches

It doesn't sound as if your friend loves her job, it sounds as if she loves the benefits, you didn't say anything about why she loves the work. It is difficult to get hired for those senior level admin assistant jobs without knowing someone or prior experience and they require really good people skills. There really are not very many on site MT jobs in the traditional sense unless it's to hire staff to cover a backlog or help a facility as they transition to an EMR, I would never expect any of them to be permanent. My local hospital retained 2 or 3 MTs to manage outsourced workflow and QA, those are the types of jobs available now. Anyone looking to transfer their skills might pursue HIM jobs or working in informatics. A lot of people say that coding is dead, but at my facility openings go unfilled for months due to lack of qualified people.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)