Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Kerplunk.. it's over. sm.. (Views: 30)

Sick of it too - Have good dictation

Posted: May 25th, 2017 - 10:26 pm In Reply to: So sick of this job, hate it. Even with good work - I still hate it. Can you say burned out? nm

I work for a small company that has a good account, dictation wise, but the pay was so terrible, it took forever to make anything decent. And of course, you would have a good day, where the work is almost out of TAT, everyone get on and bust your behind, only to have nothing the next day. No work, oh too bad!

No steady income of any kind. No rhythm where you felt if you logged on from noon to 4 you would have steady work, no let's sit at this computer all darn day long and to get 4 hours worth of work, sit there for 8 or even 10 hours. You have no life, you're an MT. This is all you know, you are all consumed but this job.

It is the absolute worse job on the planet and I don't have any solutions, so I work PT as an MT and work PT outside my home in an office. I do have a life outside of being an MT and when there is no work, I turn off my computer and go about my day. I have activities that I go to and do not let transcription interfere in any way, shape or form, like I used to. I drive slower now, because I don't race home to see if there is work. I don't work all hours of the night either or get up at 5:00 a.m. to see if there are any crumbs for me. No more, nope, been there, done that. I just do what I can and when this gig is gone, it is gone baby gone!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)