Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I could go on and on as well - Feel your pain, been there

Posted: May 25th, 2017 - 10:09 pm In Reply to: How much do I hate MT and MTSOs right now? - Let me count the ways. SM

Below is a post that I saved from 2013. I felt it said volumes about what this job has become. What gets me as well, is all that demographic junk that WE DON'T GET PAID FOR and yet penalized if were are incorrect.

I quit being an MT and believe me there is life out there. Don't give up, keep at it, take a job, any job just to get away.

Read it and weep because it is never going to get better and we are all so disposable to the MTSOs it ain't even funny!

Shame on us for sending something to QA because the dictator didn't enunciate.
Shame on us for leaving a blank for the words cut off while using their pause command.

Shame on us for allowing the doctor to input the wrong MRM.

Shame on us for questioning dosage of Hydrocodone, 1,000 mg.

How dare we alert them that the patient is allergic to a prescribed med.

How dare we alert them to an incomplete dictation

How stupid of us to not know exactly what medication was covered by a cough.
In fact we are soooo stupid that we are the ONLY one having these problems.
Here is the unwritten MTSO Policy Manual: Just fill in a blank with whatever they probably won't catch. Donate as much of our time as it takes to correct demographic errors or be solely blamed for same. Let the patient go into anaphylactic shock. Who cares. Don't tell them their dictation is not complete, it is damaging to their sensitive egos. Other docs can just guess what the plan was and newly prescribed meds. When you don't understand a medication, DON'T burden QA with such nonsense, just fill in some other drug it might be. Never tell a doc his dosage was wrong, as again, we would rather kill the patient than hurt his sensitive ego. Finally, we need to just accept the fact that we are their stupidest employee or contractor. Only we can screw up as much as we do. We are worthless.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)