Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Wrong ADT - Different scenario

Posted: May 25th, 2017 - 11:19 am In Reply to: Wrong ADT - FormerMM

You are exactly right and even though I didn't realize what a hassle it is on your end, it's a critical error on our end so I'm pretty sure we all do our best never to pick the incorrect visit in ADT. If the dictator doesn't give a DOS, I will see if I can at least "Accept patient" by verifying DOB or encounter number, if one is typed in or dictated. "Accept patient" pulls in the patient's account without selecting an encounter. If not, I just type in whatever they dictate.

I think what this MT is referring to is the Dictator ID #. The providers are assigned 4 or 5 digit ID #s. Most of them don't dictate them, but some of them do. They say, "This is Dr. Smith, ID number 44444." So I will glance at the ID #. Usually it's the same, but sometimes it's a totally different #.

I'm the one who asked about it a few years ago and was told it doesn't matter, so I don't bother to check them anymore.

I think this MT is saying it DOES matter and someone is in trouble for not catching the wrong ID #.

If so, it's a matter of once again, things getting changed on us with no notice.

Anyway, maybe I'm the one who misunderstood but I thought that's why she was referring to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)