Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Hospital Job - FormerMM

Posted: May 24th, 2017 - 9:49 am In Reply to: Did anyone who worked for their MTSO that went to Epic try to get a job - PAMT

I did. Facilities need people to work the error queues. Doctors dictate but might move or delete the hyperlinks that tell the system where dictation goes, so that goes into an error file. MTs can't understand the name of the doc who needs to get a carbon copy. The MTSO needs someone to contact if the doc is causing problems, and someone needs to do spot QA on the MTSO when a doc complains. I work for a large system, and out of 12 hospitals and 4200+ providers, there are less than 10 of us still in the "Transcription Department." I'm the only one in my particular facility, and I have crossed-trained in several other HIM departments in addition to any trans work I do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)