Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

The reason I no longer do SR - lynlou

Posted: May 24th, 2017 - 8:33 am In Reply to: Voice recognition vs straight typing - Just curious

is because I could not consistently make the same amount as with straight typing. You do have to be twice as fast or thereabouts to make the same money with SR. The thing is to be able to do it consistently. I don't know of anyone who makes more with SR than with straight typing (or even equal to straight typing). This is especially true for those who work full-time. Part-timers may fare better. SR is draining work. I felt like a cursor chaser doing SR. Lowering pay on the false premise of increased production is horrible. What other field of work in the medical field reduces pay on the premise of increased production? Can't think of any right now. I wonder how many doctors would quit practicing medicine if their pay was slashed in half with the introduction of technology that fails to live up to its promises.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)