Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Definitely not your fault - Backwoods Typist

Posted: May 21st, 2017 - 1:46 pm In Reply to: Sick - of it

I was in a similar situation like yours, except mine was over "quality" issues.  I tried as hard as I could to the best I could, but it was indeed a losing battle.  Before my "final warning," I had no issues with quality and my production was just fine.  They said my quality scores flopped twice in a month and since I had already been on a PAP, then they had to give me my final warning.  I looked through my paperwork and according to that, I should still have a job with them.  My best advice is to spend any down time you have scouting another job.  They have marked you.  Point blank, they want you out.  Also, DO NOT QUIT.  Make them fire you.  This more than likely would leave you eligible for UI, but make sure to check the laws in your state to make sure. I found that them firing me was a total blessing in disguise.  My health is better, my mental state is better and I am not stressed all the time.  I am overall happier and have found a job in a local opthalmologist's office.  I was hesitant about working outside the house, but knew I would have to bite the bullet and just do whatever was necessary.  I realize not everybody has that choice, but if you can get out of MT, I would highly encourage you to do so.  This field is dying and there is no way you can make a solid living working for the MTSOs.

There are several resources out there to help you find another job.  Your local employment commission has a ton of resources to help you update your resume, practice interview skills and job hunting tips.  When I applied for UI, it was a requirement to sign up for the employment commission's workforce site and to create/post a resume as well as do a weekly search on the same site.  Rat Race Rebellion lists work at home jobs and I have found that Indeed.com's search results are better than Monster.com.

Good luck to you.  I was where you are now and felt pretty darn hopeless, thinking it was the most horrible thing to be fired from a job.  For me, it was such a blessing.  Hopefully, it will be for you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)