Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

A good job to support you - Why do MTs feel compelled to make these posts

Posted: May 18th, 2017 - 8:43 pm In Reply to: I just want a job where I can know that I am - helping people, can support myself, can make a ...

regarding this line of work. Every day something is posted about how we deserve more (which we do), how we are mistreated (which we are), how they suffer through NJA (almost daily) and so on.

Get away from this line of work for crying out loud. IF you have to work at home, find another WAH job. Amazon is hiring, someone else is hiring that has got to be better than this.

These companies have taken a decent job and turned into less than what a hamburger flipper makes and not even from this country to boot. They have slashed wages, benefits, the work is horrible, so many ESLs, poor sound, QA that tears you apart and all for 4 cpl for voice and now down to about 6 cpl for straight transcription.

You need to know everything. They want 100% and want it fast. Don't want to make you an employee, you don't deserve benefits or taxes being taken out, just grind it out day by day, hour after your and you pay your own taxes, provide your own equipment, etc.

How do they get away with this form of treatment and how does any MT take it? It boggles the mind! You want to be an MT, find another way, find an office or just get the heck out and let the companies do what they actually want to do and that is send it all to India.

Hospitals/Clinics don't care. Patient safety, that is such a joke, I can't even begin to go into it.

NOW, if you want to work for less than minimum wage and take the abuse, then go for it and don't complain, because as far as I know, to date, this is still a free country and you can make changes in your life. Move on! No more complaining and posting about how horrible it is to be an MT.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)