Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Need opinions on abbreviation expanders. - KyMT

Posted: May 17th, 2017 - 10:38 am

In 2003, I purchased PC Shorthand 8.x.  I have used it for a very long time.  I had an XP desktop PC at home and as luck would have it, a few years back I went to work for a rural hospital who still had XP PCs, so I brought my expander with me and work life has been great.  Until this week when my little country hospital decided to "get with the times" and upgrade all XP PCs to newer PCs making my version of Shorthand incompatible.  I went to the shorthand website and saw that they would offer a discount on the newer version of shorthand for anyone who had purchased a licencse in the past.  All I needed to do was email them my licensing info and they would send me a price and instructions on how to upgrade.  Turns out the "discount" is no discount at all.  I paid $120 back in 2003 for my single-user SH8 licence and my discounted price for SH10 is $119!  So I'm pretty annoyed!

This prompted me to price other abbreviation expanders.  I was looking at FastFox because it is $50 until the end of May.  Does anyone use this?  Can I import my file from SH8?  

The rest of the expanders I've looked at are basically going to cost me about what I would need to pay for the "discounted" SH10 upgrade.  So if I'm look at about the same cost, I might as well go with SH10 to make my life easier, but if there is something out their cheaper that works as well as or close to SH and will import my humongous file, that would be great.

Thanks for any info!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)