Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

It's getting better...SM - Old Anon

Posted: May 17th, 2017 - 5:45 am In Reply to: thank you VR anon - worried mt

It takes time to acclimate to SR, so it's not surprising that day by day you'll get better at it. Instead of just listening and typing, you are now listening, reading, and typing. There's no need to analyze, just keep on doing what you are doing, using your hot keys, etc., but it's not a good idea to use "skip silences" because sometimes it causes you to miss something important that's said. My MTSO told us to never use it. When I started out I changed speaker speed to about 80%, and as I got used to individual speakers, I would increase it. If you have an exceptionally slow speaker, you may be able to speed it up a bit. Vice versa with extremely speedy speakers, you may have to slow it down a bit. My advice to you is not to over analyze, but to just go with what feels comfortable for you to be able to render the most accurate report you can. Speed will come...

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)