Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

thank you VR anon - worried mt

Posted: May 16th, 2017 - 9:15 pm In Reply to: VR - anon

so I am doing a 3 minute dictation on VR with no lookups and a fairly clear speaker, not too many edits, but somehow it took me 20 minutes to listen through, and I am actively using my hot keys to jump around and trying not to waste any time.

I listened through to make sure my watch was correct without any typing and yes, it was 3 minutes, listened with the skip silences box which took off about 30 seconds.

I am wondering about cadence of speech from the dictator. A fast speaking doctor can cram a lot of information in 3 minutes, whereas a slow speaking dictator can only provide a few lines.

Has anyone really analyzed these things?

It's getting better, I mean today I've had some great dictators and a 7 minute dictation would take me 8-9 minutes to edit and upload, does that sound normal or slow?

any advice much appreciated. Thx.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)