Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

What I Did - see msg

Posted: May 12th, 2017 - 9:38 am In Reply to: Question about MT references when looking for new job - sm

On my resume when there had been mergers, etc., I put "ABC, Inc, formerly DEF," Inc. I spanned the years in the 2 (or even 3 if needed) company names onto one consecutive employment with no break in years, so my resume didn't look like I worked for a gazillion different places. Nothing was a lie on there, it just presented in a smoother manner than if I had chopped it up. If there WAS a break in actual employment, that should be put on a separate line.

For references, I pretty much did as the one poster did. I put the person's name, then "last known contact information." That way, it doesn't look like you're trying to pull one over on them if they call the number and it's no longer in service or something.

On electronic applications, this doesn't necessarily work, but on paper it sure does.

As to worrying about references to begin with, companies are very afraid of giving bad references. But, if you present as I did above, it looks very professional and shows your willingness to cooperate with whatever info they need.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)