Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

you probably will want to kick me - but I came to board

Posted: May 12th, 2017 - 7:03 am In Reply to: It's official......I have never hated a job more in my life. - Drained MT

to post this, this morning. Instead of starting a new thread....

It occurred to me that the MTSO take over of all of the hospital jobs and this horrible situation may have saved my life. I was sedentary, gaining weight, depressed, constantly trying to figure out why this was happening to my job and living in denial that it could get any worse...and, of course, it kept getting worse. I went from $30-$40 an hour to @$12 (literally killing myself for that) Okay, reality..I think it was worse than $12...I just don't let myself think about it.

I am now working out of the house, according to my phone I put in 45-60 minutes of activity and approximately 5000 steps, I have lost a little weight, not a lot, I communicate with coworkers and patients, and I feel as though I am a part of healthcare once again. It was always a stretch to feel that transcription was REALLY affecting healthcare. I knew, academically, that it was, but never seeing patients made it too distant. Now, I have the opportunity to represent the hospital, help people in the hallway and skitter back to my cubicle in a department. Maybe I just found the perfect job...hopefully not the only one...surely not.

When thinking about making this post, I was going to say, I know there are some that just can't leave the house at this point...some never really could, which is why transcription was really good for them---but if you can, try. There is a whole world of healthcare out there. It is different than it used to be. In a way, I feel that it is more customer oriented, as the competition is fierce, so we are paying more attention to how we treat patients (or maybe I just hit a good place??, I dunno).

Good luck to you. If I were your buddy, I would encourage you to try to get that UC under control (is it diet, exercise, maybe, less sugars, stuff like that??) and start applying for things outside the house that appeal.

BTW, I was a 23 year at home hospital MT, and have worked about 8-10 years on the side for the MTSOs...finished out with outsourcing from that hospital job and went to work FT for the MTSO that bought us---that was all the motivation I needed!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)