Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Soft Script.. (Views: 61)

To All - Another old timer

Posted: May 11th, 2017 - 11:11 am In Reply to: Try having 45+ years of experience and being treated the same way. - Old MT

I'm sorry that medical transcription has become what it is, but at least you are at home and doing what you love eve though the pay stinks. I lost my onsite MT job after 18 years when my department got outsourced. Following that I did a stint as a QA editor and now work as a medical records tech for the same employer. With the last 2 jobs my stress level is through the roof, there are fights in the office and mid level management is a revolving door so I don't know which is worse. I'm compensated well but that's the only thing that keeps me going back. I think I did MT for about 35 years and have found that no one appreciates the skills unless they've tried to do it themselves. I'm in my early 60s and hanging in there for as long as I can possibly stand it. I don't know if it makes you feel better, but working onsite isn't much better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)