Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

So sad for you both - Same boat

Posted: May 10th, 2017 - 8:05 pm In Reply to: I have the same health issues. - Also drained MT

Used to be so proud of what I did. I remember being at my husband's employee X-mas and summer parties and so many people wanted me to help them get started in this field.

Now it's barely minimum wage and running out of work constantly and they stupidly think ILPs can do a job it takes genuine skill to do. Sophisticated grasp of the English language, in depth grasp of the medical language, English idioms and metaphors, anatomy and physiology, surgical equipment, and on and on, and I used to joke, "That's why we get paid the big bucks."

Now it's minimum wage. And everyone knows the ILPs can't do it, it's a huge farce and it has destroyed our careers in the process.

I too have gotten depressed, gained weight, and the stress is getting to me.

Hugs to all of you!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)