Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Yes but - Backwoods Typist

Posted: May 7th, 2017 - 8:42 pm In Reply to: Long post, and I admit.... - I did not read the whole thing.

MTs are being replaced by point and click or scribes that are at the doctor's side, so why would they go back? Add to this that a lot of younger doctors are coming on the scene and are technologically adept, i.e. able to fully take advantage of today's newest technology. Add yet again the fact that more and more old school doctors are retiring as they decide to get out of the rat race or are forced to get out due to health issues. Sometimes it seems like the answer is so simple, when it really is more difficult than anticipated. No matter how you try to salvage this once great career, it just cannot be done. Too much damage has already been done. Yes, there will be some jobs around, but nothing like there used to be and definitely not paid like it used to be. Greedy companies like Nuance and MM have lead to the steady downfall, but this greed will be their undoing in the end.

I got out of MT and am kicking myself for not getting out sooner. I had no idea I had gone down so much, how much of a bit%h I truly was. Yes, I have to work outside of the house but I do not mind at all since I do not feel stressed all the time in the one place that is supposed to be a sanctuary of peace...my home. I encourage all that can leave to do so.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)