Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Degrees of desperation. - dnr

Posted: Apr 29th, 2017 - 3:54 pm

You can tell how desperate a person (for example, me) is by the amount of time they are willing to sit during NJA to pick up any possible job that might come in. It can be a toss up at times whether to just take the California half shift pay or stick it out with the hope that I will get more than a half shift of work. My work week is Thursday-Sunday, so, other than Sunday, I have no options for "make up." I'm part time, so I have absolutely no paid time off.

Mess with an employee enough, and they start looking up the laws (California). Thus far, I have only had success finding legal information about make-up time for exempt (salaried) employees. Although, if there this law can be used to for exempt employees, California employees can work past 8 hours in a day without the employer paying OT if it is for make-up time, which is an advantage for us as it opens up more hours available for making up time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)