Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Providers want to help - been around

Posted: Apr 28th, 2017 - 4:30 pm

I have done this work for 20 years, hospitals, clinics, on-site, off-site, etc. and the MTSO I currently work for is apparently terrified of their provider clients. When I had difficulty hearing or understanding at ANY OTHER JOB, I simply spoke face to face with the provider. My experience was that they weren't trying to make it harder, they just didn't know better because they hadn't been told to hold the phone closer, or further away, to slow down when they dictate the important parts, to try to find a quiet spot to dictate, not eat while dictating, etc. The MTSOs apparently think medical providers are superhuman (gods) and would not DARE to tell them how to do this one little necessary part of their job. Just tell them that "This stuff has to be more important to you than to me or else you will get MY version instead of what you need." My neurologist even asked me during an appointment once what 1 thing he can do to make his MTs life easier so I told him about 10. He laughed and said he would try to remember. My fave single piece of advice? Try to remember there is a human at the other end of the line and he/she probably doesn't want  to listen to you eating caramels while you are dictating (gag, retch, cough).

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)