Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

WHAT HAPPENED WHEN YOU REFUSED TO WORK YOUR SHARE OF HOLIDAYS - FORMER HOSPITAL MT

Posted: Apr 27th, 2017 - 5:31 pm In Reply to: Hear you. - sm

I, a young single mother, with no family nearby and no child support, who was promised Christmas/Easter/Thanksgiving off, because I had worked every holiday for the previous years, would get called into the office and told at the last minute I would work the holiday or else because you refused to work it and would quit if you did not get it off, and they knew you would because you could afford to do so. I on the other hand could not risk jeopardizing my job, I had a family to support. So there I am Christmas Eve, trying to find a babysitter, unable to do so, of course, so I pack up the children and drive 150 miles to my mother, and drive back home so I can be at work at 7 am. Excuse me but right now I hate you. On the other hand, because of my difficulties when I was a young mother, when my children were grown I would always work those holidays so that young mothers, especially those who were the sole support of their families, could have the day off. You should be ashamed of yourself, not bragging.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)