Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

There are a lot of reasons people keep on--sm - anon

Posted: Apr 27th, 2017 - 11:36 am In Reply to: Can you make a decent living... - antysmom

Many have been doing this job for a very long time and thus, working out in the real world again after being home for 20-30 years would be a huge change. Not to mention, at that age range, you are likely to face age discrimination.

Some people live in areas where are there are no other jobs, so even if MT sucks, it is better than no job.

There are some just hanging on because they anticipate retiring soon. There are others like me who work this job to be handle to take their kids to school, etc. In my case, the income from MT is only a supplement to my husband's income so the low pay hurts but is not catastrophic. Also in my case, I am holding on to pay some more bills off and I am actively preparing for the day the job is no longer viable for my situation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)