Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Making less than minimum wage - smileyMT

Posted: Apr 27th, 2017 - 9:45 am In Reply to: Can you make a decent living... - antysmom

I've just started as an MT as an independent contractor. I've been working 8-10 hour days, doing about 100 dictated minutes per day, and am making less than minimum wage. Maybe with more experience my dictated minutes per day will increase, but it still ends up being low pay. This job entails a lot more than just typing and proofreading; there is a lot of time spent researching, especially being a new MT, and most doctors doing these reports never give you the spelling of other physicians to cc to, so time is spent looking for them as well. I, at this point, am almost regretting spending the time and money going to school for this. I am thinking about taking further courses so that I can get more of an administrative job in the health care industry. I look at the ads for transcription service companies who are looking to hire 200 MTs, and can't believe that we are all going to be working for such low pay. There must be another way to make money at this. I don't think being an independent contractor in this industry is the way to go.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)