Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Soft Script.. (Views: 64)

I found my new job using CraigsList - Deb

Posted: Apr 25th, 2017 - 7:47 pm In Reply to: Thanks. Age is a factor, I'm 63, but want to keep - Hopetoleavesoon

It's a really nice office position, too, with paid holidays, sick pay, vacation pay, great hours, and close to home. I applied to several companies and was interviewed by 3 of them. The one I chose seemed like the best fit for me as I liked the work I'd be doing and have my own small office with a window. In addition to clerical, I applied to become a home aide for seniors (nonmedical) and heard back from them today. The job involves light housework, transportation to medical appointments, helping with grocery shopping, etc., and they pay during training. Although, the pay isn't stellar, it's still better than what I made as an MT, and the work seems nice after being an MT and dealing with isolation, etc. In my area, there's a huge need for aides, which is one reason I considered it as an option.

Prior to all of this, I tried general and insurance transcription for three different companies, but I found it extremely difficult to earn any real money. The dictations all involved multiple speakers in either a presentation or an interview setting, often talking over each other. It was challenging to remember who was speaking and super time consuming, etc. There was little opportunity to use my word expander, no templates or anything, and I just felt like for me personally I wouldn't make much. Most of those positions were IC, too.

I found some positions by just searching with Google and found good leads at Rat Race Rebellion (had only one contact there though).

Really, my best results have been with CraigsList. Anyway, just thought I'd share my experience with you and hope I can help.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)