Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Leaving MT - I did

Posted: Apr 25th, 2017 - 2:42 pm In Reply to: Anyone leave MT for job editing, proofing, non-med - Hopetoleavesoon

First off, it depends on how old you are and where you live. I am retired and did MT work for supplement income, but it proved to be counter productive, especially being an IC. I did not want to work days, so office work was out. I went into retail work, which actually I like. The pay isn't great, but they are good with my hours, it is close to home, they take taxes out and I am away from the deplorable MTSO companies.

You can apply directly for a lot of jobs on line, just like with MT jobs, so if you don't want to go through the recruiter sites, do that. I used Indeed and Monster as well and I found them quite useful as to what was out there.

Amazon has been advertising to work at home, but again, it is an IC position and I will not do that again. I just hated the tax thing and you get absolutely nothing from these companies.

Don't give up, keep trying, something will happen and be willing to give a few things a try if you have to. Anything and I mean anything has to be better than being an MT in this day and age. If you are able to work outside your home, look into hospitals, clinics, scribe work, etc. It is amazing what is out there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)