Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Line count average is usually...SM - Old Anon

Posted: Apr 24th, 2017 - 7:32 am In Reply to: Forced to produce over minimum wage - Equal Opportunity Employer?

figured over the entire pay period, not every hour of every day. That being said, are you being reprimanded for not producing $10 worth of work per hour and/or is your MTSO giving you MUP (make-up pay) if you are falling a little short until you get your speed up and are they hastling you about it? I know it doesn't sound fair that lower minimum wage MTs have a lower line average goal according to the min. wage in their state but don't think it falls under the Equal Opportunity Employment law. I think it would fall under the Fair Labor Standards Act, but I'm not sure in what way it would apply to this situation. I'm not sure what you can do about it, except to strive to increase your production to equal the min. wage in your state. If your SR rate is 0.04 cpl, then you'd have to produce 250 lph. If your straight rate is 0.0725 cpl, then you have to produce about 133 lph to average $10/hour. Those really sound like doable line goals to me. With familiar accounts and dictators, I can easily produce 160-180 straight which would be $11.60 to $13.50; and with SR I can easy do between 300-350 lph, which would be $12.00 to $14.00. I'm not sure if you are doing yourself any good by focusing on the unfairness of minimum wage differences. You'd be better off concentrating on getting your production up instead, especially if your MTSO is not giving you a problem about it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)