Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Soft Script.. (Views: 64)

Forced to produce over minimum wage - Equal Opportunity Employer?

Posted: Apr 24th, 2017 - 1:06 am

When you have an employee status and the company now decides that the minimum work production has to be over the minimum wage...in YOUR state, does that seem VERY wrong?  Isn't that discrimination?  I looked up Equal Opportunity Employer and it says a man and woman must be paid the same amount for the same work.  So, wouldn't that mean that each of us, man or woman, should all be producing the same work for the same pay?  It also said in part of the text that you must be currently working there to complain...and I am.  So, I am thinking about it.  My state minimum wage is going up and one of the higher ones.  My work production would have to be in the $10 range EVERY hour of EVERY DAY while another person whose minimum wage might be $9 would not be under the same burden.  Is that fair?  If they were to use the Federal minimum wage, it would be the same for everyone and very fair, but I think it is too low because they can't get enough work squeezed out of us.  This production is only for part-time status.  For full-time, you must produce more and, thus, would make a higher and more satisfactory wage...if you can achieve the higher amount.  I can't say the name at this time, sorry, as everything else seems great about this company, the people, QA, wage, benefits, etc.  Any thoughts? 

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)