Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Not worth it - Backwoods Typist

Posted: Apr 22nd, 2017 - 11:58 pm In Reply to: Old RN--New MT?? - Ruth

Finding a job in-house with the right training, yes but then you would sit and wonder how much longer you had until they outsourced. Keep in mind that a lot of MTs are being replaced by scribes and by point-and-click done by the physicians themselves. 20 years ago, this might have been a viable option, but the last 11 years have dealt a huge blow with outsourcing and EMR's arrival on the scene.

You are right, pay is low for the work done. Why? Because it's all about the bottom line and lining the pockets of the bloated, overpaid fat cats at the top of the ladder. Basically they want to pay the equivalent of foreign pay. If you looked at the want ads for an American MT vs a foreign MT, there is a drastic difference in requirements. American MTs should have 3-5 years of recent experience along with having no less than a certificate of a 1 year program, whereas foreign MTs only have to go through 6 months of training and no basic educational requirement. The perks are a little better for the foreigners too.

The MTSOs that take on work mistreat employees, often starving them of work from overstaffed accounts or farming work to smaller companies that utilize IC workers. Working from home is good, yes, but not when it is a place where you are constantly stressed out. These MTSOs will do anything and everything to take the already poor pay and lower it with "mistakes."

I highly recommend you do yourself a favor and find another line of work from home. If you have cable or DSL internet, you can take orders for places like GrubHub or Pizza Hut or maybe you could even find something with one of the insurance companies that hire for people at home. At least you have something steady instead of digging and scrounging for what little work remains. I was fired in February from N after about 3 years. Best thing to ever happen to me. I would not wish the treatment I received on my worst enemy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)