Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

On the fence, off the fence.... - JMHO

Posted: Apr 21st, 2017 - 7:15 am In Reply to: Did not know Dragon Premium...SM - Old Anon

LOL. Cost. It always comes down to cost, doesn't it? I got SLAMMED last year. I had to buy a new computer, so I bought a top-of-the-line gaming computer. After dropping that much on a computer, I was SOOO reluctant to buy the new Dragon. The fam pounded on me until I did, and I was glad I upgraded. Then, after research, I found out it could type on its own, and I was dragging my feet on that, too. So I got Professional. So, I had an upgrade and an upgrade and a coupon. If you just pick up Dragon Pro, it's around 300.

I'll say that this has been extremely worthwhile for me, and has saved me TONS of time and increased my throughput tremendously. Also, I'm not full time.
From the site:
Transcribe your recordings from audio files
Dragon supports Nuance-approved digital voice recorders and smart phones for advanced recording functionality and can automatically transcribe the audio files to text back at your PC. It leverages all the accuracy improvements gained from the state-of-the-art speech recognition engine for fewer post-corrections.

AND:
You can also accurately transcribe another single speaker’s voice from pre-recorded audio files or from podcasts. No additional training is also needed to transcribe third-party speakers*, so you can complete transcription quickly and accurately.

Depending on your preference, you may take notes by recording your voice into an audio device for later transcription, or you can work with the Dragon Anywhere mobile app for immediate, professional-grade dictation. Dragon Professional Individual lets you work the way you want to optimize your productivity while on the road.

*Transcription of third-party speakers may require an additional license for each unique speaker.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)